Friday, August 15, 2008

Coffee Loves Company

Here we go again..........

I'm so thankful for Jesus. Without him my life would go in circles around an endless mountain. But with him, even if life looks like circles they have purpose and a meaning beyond my control.

So, the last few days were really hard. In the last week, I applied at about 10 different places in 3 towns. It's emotionally exhausting to put yourself out there over and over again and not see interest. So, I'll have to be honest, I was fighting internally whether God was going to bless this move or not. This was a real fight for my spirit to arise and really keep going and trust that I am walking with God.

Yesterday was day three of tough discouragement; but, thanks to grace, I kept going and applied at a grocery store and then Peet's Coffee. And I got hired at Peet's! There's no way for me to express how thankful I am for this job. I think every other job I've had has just happened--haven't needed to fight for it. But this one I've worked hard to find.

I think it's going to be much different from here on out.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the new job, Thomas! :) God is good.

rockie said...

yay for coffee and Jesus!!!