Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Day...

Two months in California and counting...

So, since the last post I've had some pretty neat experiences. One of which was my trip to Disney Land. The way this trip came to pass was amazing as much as the park itself. On my move from Texas, I stayed with James Love in Pasadena. That was fun... except I got a ticket taking a left turn onto a street that is restricted during certain hours of the day. So, my time to visit the courthouse was set for the early part of October. Initially I was pretty bummed out about it, but it turned out to be a blessing, though it's not quite over yet.

Now, James has an artist friend named Mike who does animation for Disney. So, we got into the park for free. This was an exciting day to go as well for two reasons. Number one, it was the same day as Miley Cyrus'(Hannah Montana, Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter) 16th birthday celebration at Disney. Very exciting. We didn't stay for the party :-|(it was invitation only... I guess we slipped her mind). Also, in continuation of my California cultural education, it was Gay Day at the park.

Anyways, this was definitely the most enjoyable theme park experience I've ever had. The rides are really creative and some have their own theme music that plays during the ride. More than anything, though, it was just refreshing to be able to relax in the company of friends--definitely not the norm these days.

So, other than that, been working at Peet's Coffee. For a while I was looking for a second part-time job, but I think the word from God for this season is to dwell in the land and feed on his faithfulness (Psalm 37). So, that's more what I'm focusing on right now--just doing a great job and picking up hours wherever I can. And I'm watching Him make the money work out all the time. It's actually quite ridiculously amazing the way he does it.

He's really, really good at what He does.

1 comment:

Yeti said...

HAAH! I remember that day. Too bad about the ticket - but at least it got you back down here to visit!

Come again sometime soon, sweet baby james.