Friday, September 12, 2008

One year...


Well, the plan is... still figuring that one out. After a couple of weeks of praying every prayer I know and trying to sell my car, the best offer I got was $2,200. So, I'm not selling my car and I'm not doing the worship training school this year.

You know, I'm actually really relieved that God is leading me in this direction. To be honest, I've been struggling with lonliness and boredom; but add to that the uneasiness of not being sure where to concentrate my attention and energy. I've really needed to be able to point myself in a direction and say I'm going this way. Lately it's been more like pointing myself in several possible directions and feeling stuck. So, here I am. I'm going to work for a year and save to be able to do the school next year or possibly to do something completely different. A year can change a lot of things, huh? I know that for sure first hand. That doesn't mean I'm home free by any means. God is really going to have to provide me with several things. And this is what I'm praying for right now as well:


1. Godly friendship. This is moving really sloooow. But I'm about to do an 8-week foundations course with the church to get to know people.

2. Discipleship. I'm not taking this instance with the training school to sit back, but I'm taking it as leading from Jesus that I'm to pursue growth other ways. I need accountability and to experience the joy of a godly mentor relationship. If you know me well, you know I'm a verbal processor. I need a pair of ears to help me think!

3. Job. I'm going to need a second part-time job or a full-time job.


In the last two weeks everything's been screaming at me that I've made the wrong decision and that it's all falling apart. I just want to say for the record that God is faithful even when things don't go my way. I will see the goodness of the Lord in my situation. So, according to his plan and leading, I'm committing to stay here a year and seek what God has for me. He can mess my plans up if desired, but I'm not leaving for fear of failure or lack, if you know what I mean.

So, that's where I'm at. I'm so thankful for my friendships from home and abroad. I know I would not be walking in very much confidence and encouragement right now without the history of walking with such wonderful faith-filled friends.

I'm blessed!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I know what you mean about the history with our friends thing. That makes a big difference. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. He'll lead you to the next place. :)